The Awards Incentive and Recognition (AIR) program
The Awards, Incentive, and Recognition (AIR) program spotlights University departments, staff, and vendors that demonstrate exemplary efforts in supporting supplier diversity. AIR program recipients are honored at the Supplier Diversity Expo luncheon each year.
University departments that enroll in the AIR program compete with other similarly sized departments to spend the most with targeted businesses during the fiscal year. Departments that rise to the top receive tickets to the AIR luncheon at the Supplier Diversity Expo where they will be recognized, and an unrestricted monetary award from the Office for Supplier Diversity (OSD). Enroll your department for an AIR award using the Enrollment Form here. Contact OSD for tips on how to increase your department’s spend with targeted businesses!
University staff who go above and beyond to support OSD's mission across the University are also recognized at the AIR luncheon for their efforts. Individual staff may be considered for this award for:
- regularly utilizing and sharing OSD’s resources and services
- presenting at supplier diversity related community events
- hosting a department Meet & Eat event with targeted businesses
- identifying opportunities for targeted businesses to do business with the University
- facilitating institutional support for supplier diversity
- and/or any activity or effort outside the individual’s typical job responsibilities that demonstrate proactive support of and commitment to the University’s supplier diversity initiatives.
University vendors also receive recognition at the AIR luncheon for their efforts to support supplier diversity and workforce diversity, both at the University and in their own business practices. Nominations are now open for University vendor awards for FY24. Complete the Nomination Form to let us know how your business stands out in the field of supplier diversity!