Technology Empowerment Center (TEC)
The Technology Empowerment Center creates innovative partnerships that bring technology to underserved populations by focusing on closing the digital divide and providing access to computer technology and software training. We aim to reduce the growing inequality of access to information technologies among low-income and disadvantaged groups.
- Provide a professional training environment for community members to continue developing and enhancing their technology skills beyond the basics in order to compete in the global workforce
- Refurbish and distribute computers to low-income communities, individuals and community organizations.
- Provide training opportunities to increase transferable job skills to prepare participants for a technology-driven workplace a technology-driven workplace
- Provide technical support and training
- Enhance basic and advanced computer skills
- Make technology accessible and affordable
- Evaluate, utilize and promote technology tools and programs to better serve our clients